7/25/2006

Gracie

As many of you who check my blog often know, our puppies Annie and Sarah passed away about 2 months ago. It has been so hard without them. We knew that we wanted another dog someday, but we weren't sure when would be a good time. We were still hurting from the loss, but had starting considering rescuing a dog from the animal shelter. We went to the shelter last week, and, of course, I wanted to take them all home. How would we ever decide? I knew that something would have to happen to let me know which dog we should take in. Well, a couple of days ago some friends called us, and they had found a sweet little stray puppy who was very hungry and homeless. They said that her little tummy was flat and empty. After advertising in the paper and at the shelter, no one had claimed her, and since they already had three pets, they called us and asked if we would like to take her home. They had started calling her Grace because of her lack of gracefulness. That soon became Gracie. So, we went to meet her and brought her home. She is such a sweetie. As you can see, she is a skinny little thing with long legs. And, she has the cutest little underbite! She is adjusting nicely to her new home. She slept through the night without so much as a wimper. She is still figuring us and her home out, but I know she is getting used to everything. Welcome home Gracie!

3 comments:

Toni said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I'm almost in tears...God sent you an angel to heal your hearts....

laurenclark said...

Oh she is sooo cute! Can I meet her??

Apryl said...

I can't wait to see her again!! She seems so sweet, and I love her long legs! That makes her even more cute. I think that she will be a great blessing for you and Daniel!