2/23/2007

These Are a Few of my Favorite Things...

I absolutely love what I do. Actually, I spend almost all of my day doing something with photography. Even when I am doing something else (which rarely happens), I am usually thinking photography...looking at the light in a building, analyzing a shot in a movie, etc. However, when I do decide to step away from "work" for a minute (I don't really consider it work, it is a passion), here are a few things I enjoy doing:

I love to read! The only problem I have is that I can never read just one thing at a time. I am usually reading something about business and marketing (The Purple Cow is great), the latest photography magazine (Professional Photograher or Rangefinder usually), several wedding magazines (I love The Knot Real Weddings and Martha Stewart Weddings), something by Ted Dekker (my favorite author), and a medical thriller.

I also enjoy movies. Actually, my family speaks to each other only in movie lines (not really but we are really good at quoting movies). I enjoy going to movies and curling up on the couch with a DVD. I am the type to watch a movie over and over again if it is good. Some of my faves are The Family Stone, Walk the Line (I always cry), The Matrix Trilogy (great special effects), Moulin Rouge (awesome singing and visuals), Batman Begins, The Best of Will Ferrell (great for quoting in conversation), The Prestige (ok, I have a Christian Bale thing).

I don't really watch a lot of TV, but when I do, my two favorites are The Office and Scrubs.

No comments: