3/01/2007

Sean & Natalie - Trip to Taos

As promised, I am now posting images and details from my trip to Taos with Natalie & Sean. When I met with Natalie and Sean, we were discussing interesting places to do their engagement session. Sean mentioned that they were going to Taos to ski and asked if I would like to come and photograph them there. Of course, I would love to (I love my job)!!!

So, we headed out on a Friday and stopped in Hartley to get Sean. Sean and his family help run a cattle ranch that breeds cows for meat. Before we could leave for Taos, he had to put i.d. tags on the new calves that had been born that day. So, they asked if I would like to join them! Of course, I love new experiences (I love my job)!!! So, here is my experience with tagging calves.

So, first you find a cow with a new baby.
Get out and chase the calf.
Carry the calf back to find its mother (so the proper i.d. tag can be made).
Tag the calf without momma attacking you!
So, we arrived at Taos after tagging all of the cattle. The first night we arrived, we ate, rented skis and went to sleep.

The next day we woke up early and headed to the slopes. It had been about 12 years since I had skiied. Needless to say, I wasn't so stellar at it at first. By the end of the day though I was doing much better!
After a day of skiing, we took a few pics of Natalie and Sean at the lodge.

When Natalie & Sean have a hard time making decisions, they play paper rock scissors to decide.
Natalie and Sean were SO easy to photograph. They would interact with each other without my asking!
I wanted to set up a photo where Sean looked like he was jumping over Natalie. Good attempt Sean, but not quite what I had in mind!
The next day, we went out and shot all over Taos.






We trespassed to get this shot!












It was such a fun weekend! I am so thankful for Natalie & Sean's friendship! Thanks guys!

3 comments:

Toni said...

WHOOOHOOOOO!!!! (Clapping) these are fabulous Shan! And Taos ahhhh i miss Taos. Looks like you guys had a blast...but I wanna see the pics of you and Daniel skiing....hmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl, your work is awesome, i love,love, love, the eighth one up from the bottom, kissing to the left of the frame

Anonymous said...

ps i have to tell you that your story has inspired me to get on the get fit wagon! Thanks for sharing with us and congratulations on getting fit!